Thursday, January 3, 2013

Nicely done, 2012!


4th of July Fireworks at Tempe Town Lake

2012 was a banner year. I travelled and photographed more than ever before, and was the year I felt like I turned the corner on pursuing my passion for photography. More of my free-time was devoted to all things photographic. I studying other photographers work, blogs and social media posts. I worked on my technique, making fewer mistakes in the field. I shot more new locations and drove more miles that ever before. I hiked in new canyons and found scenic overlooks not on the map. And I had a great summer road trip that covered four states in five days. I can't wait to see what happens in 2013...

Here's a few from 2012


Colorado River, Cibola National Wildlife Refuge



"Red Stripe" Cibola NWR


Hart Mine Marsh, Cibola NWR



Crescent Moon, Venus and Jupiter


San Carlos Indian Reservation Mexican Poppies



Transit of Venus across the face of the Sun



2012 Annular Eclipse with a para sailor fly-by



Mogollon Rim Thunderstorm




Two Cow Road Sunset





The Super Moon


Mesa Verde National Park


Yankee Boy Basin, Colorado


Monument Valley, Utah.


Oak Creek: Forest Houses 


West Fork hiking


Camping on Harding Point


Harding Point 2 overlooking the West Fork of Oak Creek


Fall in Lockett Meadow


Hiking the West Fork of Oak Creek 2


The Salt River on the Apache Indian Reservation


Fall color at Seven Springs


Spur Cross Sunset


Spur Cross Ranch Preserve


"Apocalypse Not..." The Mayan Apocalypse was a no-show.

It was a terrific year with a flourish at the end. I had fun chasing the Fall colors this year and discovered many new places I'll have to re-visit soon. I'm excited about the new year and can't wait to find new places to explore.

Oh, by the way... unsigned Prints are only $50. 

(That's dirt cheap for such a large print (up to 44" wide.)

See my newly redesigned website for information on ordering enlargements.

Have a fantastic 2013!


ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. © ARIZONA PANORAMA / G. REID HELMS

No comments: