Friday, December 21, 2012

Apocalypse Not...


The 12/21/12 Apocalypse was a complete bust. A non-starter. I personally think it turned out fine. This sunset was a stunner and could have been seen as the first sign of impending doom, but it wasn't.


I knew I was in for a treat right away. This was the scene when I arrived at my vantage point in the foothills near North Mountain. The cloud cover was perfect and I waited anxiously as the sun went down.



And it didn't disappoint. It was a "real barn-burner" as I like to say. The reds, yellows and oranges were all there filling the entire sky with color.



And it continued to go off. I switched lenses and took this telephoto shot. The sunset was as intense as it was going to get, burning a deep-orange in a thin band along the horizon.



See my Fine Art America gallery for a variety of high-quality products from individual prints and canvas wraps to metal prints and frame and matted works of photographic art.

© 2013 G. Reid Helms / Arizona Panorama
All reproduction rights reserved

No comments: