Sunday, February 3, 2013

Watson Lake

It had been a while since I was able to get out and shoot. I get a little grumpy when I don't get my photo fix. Being in nature recharges my spirit and makes me happy. So I was thrilled to spent a wonderful afternoon hiking and photographing Watson Lake north of Prescott, AZ. This lake is a stunner and very photogenic. Eroded granite rocks line the shore. Kayaking, rock climbing, and birding abound here. I saw a number of birds including common merganser, double crested cormorant, eared grebe, northern pintail, bufflehead, great blue heron, ruddy ducks, American widgeon, American coots with a large contingency of Northern shovelers. 

Okay, enough about the birds.



Watson Lake.



One of the coves created by long fingers of eroded granite.


Granite cliffs line the lake.


I had fun scrambling around on the rocks to get this perspective. 
This is a rock climbers paradise. I even managed to capture one of the sun-dogs (to the right of the sun) I saw throughout the day. 


Another vista over Watson Lake


The snow-capped San Francisco Peaks near Flagstaff were visible from a point off the top parking lot.

See my Fine Art America gallery for a variety of high-quality products from individual prints and canvas wraps to metal prints and frame and matted works of photographic art.

© 2013 G. Reid Helms / Arizona Panorama
All reproduction rights reserved


No comments: