Monday, December 10, 2012

Phoenix Skyline


The sunset wasn't what I hoped. There were some good clouds, but they were too thin to produce anything very intense. I stayed positive and kept waiting, but it fizzled. On to plan B...


As it got dark and the city lights came up, I changed lenses and decided to shoot the downtown skyline. I didn't realize you could see traffic going up South Mountain until I got home and processed this image. 



The foothills of North Mountain provided an ideal location for either sunset or city lights photography. It's very near where I live, so I can scurry up here again the next time the sunset looks promising.


I finished the night with my telephoto. Some of the HDR exposures were taking over 20 seconds as the light faded.


See my Fine Art America gallery for a variety of high-quality products from individual prints and canvas wraps to metal prints and frame and matted works of photographic art.

© 2013 G. Reid Helms / Arizona Panorama
All reproduction rights reserved

No comments: